You need management
We see entertained people
Fighting for your right to party
It's all about the music
Ask not what good music can do for you, but what you can do to hear good music
Managing the soundtrack of your life
Your local music fix
Band management. Not man bandagement.
The future of local music.
Awesomeness in real time
Musicphiles of the world, unite!
Ten questions with Neglections- competition winners
Recently we ran a competition where we got a bunch of bands to get their fans to vote for them. In return we would give them a little bit of promotion on our website! Negelections from Coffs Harbour won and we’re really pleased to be doing a bit of work with them! We had a chat to the band and got the lowdown!
1) How did you guys come up with the name? It’s kind of embarrassing. I think initially we did it to make fun of people who hate home life because their parents make them wash the dishes; it was kind of a long running joke. We’ve thought about changing it to something else, but it’s kind of grown on us now.
2) What are some big influences for the band? Our biggest influence is probably Ceremony and Trash Talk. But everyone takes their influences from different places. Our drummer listens to Lamb of God and Strapping Young Lad, and our bassist swears by Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Blink 182. Shortlived were a big jump into hardcore for Tom and Billy, so probably them as well. It’s a mixture of everything.
3) Favourite place to play shows? Tom’s backyard!
4) Where would you love to tour? All over, anywhere would be sick, just pack in a van and have a good time together as a band would be the greatest experience. We’re all great mates, so as long as it’s with these dudes I’m happy.
5) Who would you like to support on? Trash Talk, OFF!, Ceremony, Extortion. A man can dream.
6) Favourite Aussie bands at the moment? Marathon, Fireloins, Septic Surge, Extortion, The Decline, Matty Effin Morison, Warbrain, Confession, Frenzal Rhomb.
7) Is your local music scene alive and kicking? It’s fluxuating a lot. Gigs are happening, so you can’t complain too much.
8) What are some of targets the band is aiming for in the next few months/years? Play as many shows as humanly possible, Record an EP and maybe a split with a few bands, tour and just have fun with it.
9) Worst band you’ve ever heard? Buried in Verona
10) Finally, Korn or Limp Bizkit? Suicide.